Hidden Hills offers guided trail rides for individuals or small groups. Most rides are about an hour long and meander through beautiful open fields and pastures and along the wooded trails of historic Grindstone Mountain. Rides are perfect for special occasions (vacation activity, birthdays, dates, and even proposals!), group events (youth groups or family get-togethers) or a chance just to get away from it all.
How to Schedule
- WHEN: Rides are offered year round Sunday-Friday, by appointment only. From May to September, we also offer Firefly Rides starting around 7pm to enjoy the cooler temperatures and magic of the evening ($50/person).
- COST: Cost is $40/person/hour, maximum of 6 people per ride. We are happy to discuss programming ideas and discounts for larger groups.
- LIMITATIONS: Trail riders must be must be at least 10 years old and weigh under 250 lbs. Sorry, we do not allow double riding. (Hand-led horse rides/mini lessons at the barn can be scheduled for younger children for $25/half hour or 40/hour or simple child care for $15/hour for the first child and $5/hour for additional children).
- CANCELLATION POLICY: There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Rides that cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled ride may be charged the full amount of the ride (except in the case of inclement weather--see below).
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: In case of uncertain weather, Hidden Hills generally keeps scheduled appointments unless there is lightning or a non-stop rain. It is the client’s responsibility to cancel within 4 hours of of the ride. If it is below 40 degrees, riding is generally quite uncomfortable and Hidden Hills recommends rescheduling for another time, but again, it is the client's responsibility to reschedule.
Call or text 423-488-3993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your ride. Please have a credit card ready to hold your ride (cash is preferred at the time of the ride--credit cards will be charged an extra $2/rider).
Please come prepared!
- Wear closed-toed shoes and long pants.
- All riders are required to wear an ASTM certified riding helmet that we provide. (You may bring your own horseback riding helmet; no bike helmets, please).
- To save time at the barn, sign the Release and Waiver of Liability widget below before you come. You can also bring a completed Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement PDF to your ride.